Wauseon Early Buildings
In 1854, the earliest Wauseon building was built by E. L. Hayes, a store at the corner of Fulton and Beech Streets. The First Hotel, 'The Estelle House," also was completed in 1854. The first school was constructed in 1856. The first Church was completed by the Methodists in 1855. The Fulton County Courthouse and many early buildings were added. The Carnegie Library and Depot are examples of structures that were constructed near the beginning of the twentieth century. Many other public buildings and beautifully crafted homes followed as the population of the community grew. Some of these buildings remain, but many also have been demolished or now serve alternative uses.